Teaching C++ programming
SORRY, IN THE MEAN TIME (YEAR 2017) COURSES ARE NOT OFFERED
If you are:
A student and you are not up to your professor, or C++ programming is not included in your study program.
A gifted schoolboy (schoolgirl) and you not only want to play games but to create them too.
An adult and you want to broaden the outlook or apply programming at your work.
I used to teach a biotechnology specialist. After just 2 weeks of efforts,
his program was already generating experimental genetic DNA sequenses!
If you want to learn C++ please call this number +370 699 11392.
C++ programming language is a very widely applicable tool, which is used to create business software, games, and to manage
operating systems and electronic devices. This is just a
short list of what was created using this language.
You can study either using this course program below or according to your own needs.
Teaching course "C++ programming and practical data structures"
Part 1. "C programming" (16h)
- Introduction, short C and C++ history and review of the tools. (1h)
- Visual C++ Express Edition compiler setup. (2h)
- What does C program consist of? Setting up your first project. (1h)
- Main data types, macro-definitions, constants and variables. (1h)
- Arithmetic and comparison operators. (1h)
- Modular program structure. Functions. Macro-commands. Condition and flow control operators. (2h)
- Pointers. What are they pointing to and why are they dangerous. (1h)
- Program debugging methods. Debugger, Cam and Flight Recorder. (1h)
- Arrays, data structures and unions. (2h)
- Strings and standard string functions. Arrays of pointers. (1h)
- RTL - Standard Run-Time library. Pointers to functions. Sorting. (1h)
- Bit fields and logical operations. (1h)
- Programming culture, formatting style and documentation. (1h)
Part 2. "C++ programming" (12h)
- OOP - object oriented programming. What is "this"?
- Objects, classes, methods. Class member visibility and lifetime. (2h)
- Constructors, destructors and other class operators. (1h)
- Passing function parameters: by pointer, by reference, by value, by ellipsis and by default. (1h)
- Arithmetic operator definitions for classes. Example with matrices. (2h)
- Derivation and virtual methods. Abstract classes. (3h)
- Dynamic memory management. (1h)
- Exception handling. (1h)
- Templates. Input and output streams. (1h)
Part 3. "Practical data structures" (14h)
- Working with files. (2h)
- Variable type variables. (4h)
- Linked lists and balanced trees. Recursive functions. (4h)
- Simple XML file parser and generator. (4h)
Part 4. "SQL programming basics" (12h)
- What is a relational database?
- SQL language basics. Tables, fields, requests and transactions. (4h)
- Working with SQL database using C++ language. (4h)
- Programming a simple contact database. (4h)
Part 5. "Tetris" (10h)
- Text mode console and functions. (4h)
- Programming a simple interactive game. (6h)
Estimated course duration: 64 academic hours
Purpose of the course: a student who studied the course must be able to create simple
programs in C and C++ programming languages, must learn which data structure are helpful
and know how to use them. Also, he (she) must learn how to save data in a text or XML file
or in a SQL database and to program a simple text mode game. The accent is made to
the programming culture and simplicity of tools used.
Software to use:
- Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (freeware)
- Open Source Firebird SQL database server